Are you a new pet owner? Is the pet a dog? Then definitely you require dog care advice for taking care of your dog. dogs are like family and a new entrant requires special attention and care. This is the most important of all dog care advice. The first few months are critical for the dog to get comfortable. The first thing to do is to keep it close by always. You may face the problem of dog poo in your house but that is a part of the training. Speak to your dog and give non-verbal cues as dogs are intelligent animals and will start understanding you. Touch and stroke carefully and reward for good behaviour. This will help the dog in learning manners. Another important thing is the dog collar. Always consult the vet when you buy the dog collar. The vet will give you instructions on how long and what type of collar may be best for your dog. This is just the beginning of the long relationship you are going to have, so be patient.
Dog care products are essential for taking care of the dog. Here are some dog care products which are a must have in every home with a dog as a pet. These products are needed for daily grooming which will make your dog happy and clean. (1) Dog Brushes – There are mainly three kinds of brushes. They are simple bristle brushes, wire pin bristle brushes, and slicker bristles brushes. The simple bristles are the most versatile and can be used on any breed , wire pin bristles are used for dogs with woolly coat and slicker bristles are used for breeds with a thick undercoat. (2) Shampoo – The dog will invariably accumulate dust and mud on its body. Weekly shampoo with specific dog shampoo is to be done for cleanliness. (3) Clippers for hair trim – Some breeds will have really fast growing hair which needs to be trimmed fortnightly. Proper clippers are required and should be kept handy. (4) Dryer – The dog’s coat may become wet which is not only unhygienic for us but also unhealthy for the dog. A dog coat dryer is a product which is essential for the dog. This was a small list of dog care products. If you want to learn about getting a loan to buy some expensive dog care products you can apply for a cash loan. You can find detailed information for the same in the Ferratum. It is fun to read and educative as well.
I think that just the way we carefully think up a name for our human children, we need to also choose our fur-children’s names with care. There are so many dog names to choose from really, although most people like to give their dogs a human name. I’ve got friends with dogs and cats with names like Alice, Kelly, Celeste, Blake and Wendy. Then you can find the people who like the more traditional dog names like Spot, Blacky and Beauty. If you allow your kids to name your dog, you might get names like Kitty, Puppy or something of that ilk, remember puppy might be cute at 3 months but will it still be ok when your four legged friend is older?. The dog’s breed can often help you to choose a nice name such as Rommel for a Doberman Pinscher, or Kelly like I’ve already mentioned for an Irish Terrier. I guess its all about taste, but your dog is a family member too, and a nice name will communicate to him that you care for your dog like any other family member.
People who have never had a dog, don’t know what they’re missing in terms of a true and devoted friend. Dogs need love and attention, just like any other member of your family. Your dog’s skin needs care too, particularly because skin problems can be uncomfortable for your dog and cause a lot of misery. Lots of these skin problems though are preventable with the right knowledge and care.
Just like with ourselves, overexposure to the sun, especially with white haired dogs can be seriously dangerous. If you’re going to be on the beach, put a pet-safe sunblock on. For overheating, a reflective jacket can also help to keep your dog cool. Remember that if your dog has been cavorting in the waves or in the field, grooming will help keep your best friend’s skin healthy. Matted and tangled hair can cause hot spots and skin irritations, so always brush your dog, even if it has short hair.
This kind of contact with your pet keeps the skin healthy but strengthens the bond between you as well. Don’t bath your pet too often as it destroys the dog’s natural oils and can irritate sensitive skin as well. Dogs make such absolutely awesome pets, its worthwhile taking special care of such a loyal and devoted friend.
We’ve all been guilty of buying bags and bags of these mysterious things? Why not, they seem to work at getting our little puppies or even large dogs busy chewing on something to keep them busy and occupied and frankly, to not destroy our beloved furniture!
Well the science of what these things are made of is disturbing. It’s actually a toxic “leather” stick, and when you finally realize what it takes to make this, you will likely agree of the dangers.
You’ve probably known someone who’s had a pet need emergency surgery from digesting a rawhide, but the thing is most of the people around the world, including New Zealand, believe it’s some sort of dried up meat stick.
“Producing rawhide begins with the splitting of an animal hide, usually from cattle. The top grain is generally tanned and made into leather products, while the inner portion, in its “raw” state, goes to the dogs.” according to TheBark.com
The steps that go into making these pretty chew toys from raw leather is fairly intensive and too long for this blog, but we at dawpawsalltheway.wordpress.com challenge you to do your own research. Your dog is worth it.
An investigation by Humane Society International stated in their report, “In a particularly grisly twist, the skins of brutally slaughtered dogs in Thailand are mixed with other bits of skin to produce rawhide chew toys for pet dogs. Manufacturers told investigators that these chew toys are regularly exported to and sold in U.S. stores.” – dogingtonpost.com
Rodney Habib – Pet Nutrition Blogger and one of the most informed and advanced speakers around the world on pet safety and nutrition says….
“An educated, informed and well-researched community of pet owners can only put more pressure on the pet food industry to be better! When pet owners know better, they will only do better!”
A dog is a great companion. I do not call it a pet, rather a friend.So why not use home remedies for some common problems of health the dog faces. It is natural healthy and inexpensive.It is not always justcash.
- Skin Problems and Cod Liver Oil – Dogs mostly face dry skin problem due to lack of sweat glands. A home remedy is adding cod liver oil in the water you use for bathing the dog. The Vitamin E in the oil helps the dry skin. In extreme problems only you need to consult the doctor.
- Vomiting and the Electrolytes – Just like humans Dogs may vomit due to indigestion. They may lose water which is not good for their body. Put some electrolytes in the water they drink to replenish the lost salt. It is easy and simple.
- Wounds and Epsom Salt soak – Dogs are just like children and may get wounds on their body. Just use the Epsom salt in you kitchen to soak the wounded area. You will be surprised at the rate the wound heals.
- Fleas and Lime solution – You can get rid of fleas which are common in dogs. Use lemon solution. Lemon solution drives the fleas away and your dog will smell great too.
- Yogurt for stomach problems – Yogurt that we eat can help the dog in almost all types of stomach problems. Just try it.
Dog hair is indeed a health hazard. It is more of a hazard if your dog comes inside your home. Bigger dogs will live in their kennel, so they do not pose this problem. But simply because of hair falling I cannot keep my dog out. Instead I take care to remove hair from my premises. Here are a few simple things you need to do to get rid of dog hair which is not easy to remove.
- Use Damp Cloth to clean wooden furniture – Yes dog here gets lost in the wood. You cannot see it with your naked eye. Also it clings on so stubbornly that a wipe with dry cloth will not help. Try a wet cloth or a wet sponge instead. Almost all hair will stick to the wet cloth/sponge. A very clever way to remove dog hair from furniture.
- Brush the fur of your dog regularly – This is the traditional yet the most effective way of reducing dog hair falling all over the house. Brush the coat regularly with special brush for dogs. It will remover 90% of hair which has fallen, removing chances of it spreading all over the house.
- Vacuum Clean the carpet in all directions – While cleaning with a vacuum cleaner we tend to just go in one direction. It is enough for a house without pets, but for a house with a dog you need to improve upon this technique. Just vacuum in all directions and you will pick up all the dog hair. Also check the filter regularly as hair clogs the filter.
So, these simple tips will help you. Also, you can suggest your own techniques which you have practically used.